Resources are available for instructors at the Faculty of Medicine, including our shared syllabus template, a resource guide for instructors with a breadth of information, and a resource for choosing open educational resources, which is particularly helpful for addressing the rising costs of textbooks and other course materials. Consult with the Dean's office for more information.
Resources for FM Members
- SPH Instructor Resource Guide (PDF)
- Open Educational Resources
General OE Resources
- MERLOT is a free and open online community of resources designed primarily for faculty, staff and students of higher education from around the world to share their learning materials and pedagogy. MERLOT provides collections of peer reviewed online learning materials, catalogued by registered members and a set of faculty development support services. Most, but not all, Merlot resources are Creative Commons licensed.
- OER Commons - OER Commons helps educators, students, and lifelong learners avoid time-consuming searches and find exactly the right materials. With a single point of access from which they can search, browse, and evaluate resources in OER Commons’ growing collection of over 50,000 high-quality OER everyone can more efficiently find what they need: https://www.oercommons.org/
- YouTube - The best way to find a video that is licensed under the Creative Commons license on YouTube is to use the CC Search tool described above in the General Search and Photo/Image Search sections. In addition if you are the YouTube home page http://youtube.com and type in your search term followed by a comma and then “creativecommons” the videos returned are CC licensed: http://YouTube.com
- TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. On TED.com, the best talks and performances from TED and partners are made available to the world, for free. More than 900 TEDTalks are now available, with more added each week.